CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear rain, I hate you like I love you.

It rained last night.

And we acknowledged this very normal yearly phenomenon by facebooking & instagramming it.
Oh the 21st century drama!

I saw that coming the second the first drop of rain hit the ground.
And I am no social media guru.

Photo by me.

What is rain?

Is the sky crying because the summer is saying goodbye?

Or is it a happy farewell party in the clouds?
With clouds overflowing with champagne.
Toasts thats sound like thunder.
And disco lights that we call lightning.


Well, I have a sort of love-hate relationship with rain.

What I loved about it was how it would always make the city look suddenly very clean.
And as you may have noticed - Bombay needs a shower. Atleast once a year.

Growing up, I always waited for the first rain.
I would go downstairs and play and dance around in the rain during the first shower.
Clearly, I skipped reading the acid rain part of my science textbook.

And these days sometimes I secretly don't like the rain.
I don't like lugging an umbrella everywhere. Or getting my feet dirty. Or being surrounded by insects.
Ok, who am I kidding? I just can't stand it when the TV stops working.
And somehow it only comes on during the commercials.
Oh rain! You are such a tease!

What can I say?

I just love-hate you.

If this was a Bollywood movie, this kind of confusion that involves such feelings would make me break into song. So here it is...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...